New York City Jail Facilities

Manhattan Detention Complex

(MDC)

This lower Manhattan command consists of two buildings designated the North and South Towers, connected by a bridge. The North Tower was opened in 1990. The South Tower, formerly the Manhattan House of Detention, or the “Tombs,” was opened in 1983, after a complete remodeling. The complex houses male detainees, most of them undergoing the intake process or facing trial in New York County (Manhattan).

Contact

125 White Street
New York, NY 10013

t. 212-225-1540
Executive Board Member(s): 

Amelia Warner

Financial Secretary

Yesenia L. Santiago

COBA Delegate

Jerry Parris

COBA Delegate

Kenneth Perez

COBA Delegate

Wai Leong Kwan

COBA Delegate